Question
Posted by: Erin | 2004/10/05

Leaking breasts

I am almost 32 weeks pregnant. My breast leaks a clear substance mostly at night. It has been getting worse in the last month. Is this normal for this stage of pregnancy. I thought that this will only happen when I am breastfeeding. Should I be worried.

No need to worry. Fluid secretion can sometimes begin early.

1
Posted by: JJ | 2004/10/05

Usually towards the end of pregnancy your breasts starts to leak colustrum, which is the protein rich energy milk that baby will first feed on before your breastmilk comes. I am 23 weeks and have already started noticing light droplets after having a shower. Sure it is nothing to worry about.

Reply to JJ