Posted by: Kristi | 2008/07/09

Lazy bowel?

Hi there Cyberdoc,
I have had problems with my bowel movement for a while now, its never been a real worry, Im just not that regular( every second day or so) I do regular excersise, eat generally healthy meals, water ect. Two days ago I took senocot high fibre, the type that you mix with water. Boy, was I sick, I became nauseous, vomiting, bloated, had a dull head ache, I was sick until that evening. Yesterday was better, the vomiting, nausea, head ache is gone, but I still havent had a movement, and when ever I eat something, I feel very bloated. Could it be IBM? I went to a doc 2 years ago, and he said it wasn't? what could cause my bowel to be so lazy and how can I fix it? Also, why did the senocot make me so Ill? Thank you in advance.

Dear Kristi
Senokot should have caused a bowel movement - this makes me wonder if you don't have a blockage - please ask your doctor to check ( he can see with a x/ray)