Question
Posted by: XYZ | 2003/02/13

Lazer treatment - varicose veins

I read in this medical forum that there's a new breakthru' in treating varicose veins using painless lazer procedure.
Is there such a facility already in KZN & if so, please list the facility / medical service provider.
I had the conventional "stripping" procedure done about 15 years ago but the veins re-appeared after a year.
I've also read about medical injections into the affected area thats said to be successful.
Wonder how true this is ???

XYZ, I live in Pretoria and have no idea where it can be done in KZN, but your GP should be able to refer you to somebody.
The injection treatment is called sclerotherapy and your GP should be able to refer you to someone that does that too. Good luck.