Question
Posted by: Teenaged Girl | 2007/05/28

Laxitives - DIETDOC PLEASE REPLY

If I were to take two senna tablets everyday, about how many days could i do this until i would seriously damaged, because i know eventually your body becomes reliant on them - which i dont want to happen, How many days or months, about, do I have before this happens? Also, would this time be extended if I were to take them every three or four days? I am underweight and am forced on a diet which my parents monitor very closely and if laxatives wont help, im going to have to bring it up the other way.
Please reply

Dear Teenaged Girl
You do realise that you are suffering from an Eating Disorder??? and that you need expert help to sort out this problem before it destroys your young life. Do NOT take senna tablets or any other laxatives or induce vomiting because all these things will harm you very badly. Please for your own sake talk to your parents and ask them to assist you to get professional help. Anorexia, bulimia and orthorexia are Eating Disorders, which need to be treated with a team approach. Please consult a clinical psychologist (they are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you), to help you work out what underlying psychological problems are driving you to self-destruct and to learn most positive ways of dealing with these problems. You should also consult a clinical dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. If you are in Gauteng then it may help to contact Tara Hospital as they have an Eating Disorder clinic (phone (011) 783-2010. In Cape Town and environs you can contact the Kenilworth Clinic (021) 797-1400 and in KwaZulu Natal there is Riverview Manor (033) 701-1911, or contact them on: www.riverviewmanor.co.za
Go for expert help ASAP.

7
Posted by: hello | 2007/05/29

why dont you just eat healty? those lax are going to stuff you up. your colon is going to get so used to the lax you wont be able to go with out them!!!!! you have a serious problem and if you dont look at it now, it might end for the worse.....!! think about what you are doing to your mom and dad!!!!! do you like making them feel like that? you will feel so much better if you pick up a bit of weight!!!!!!

Reply to hello
Posted by: Concerned Parent | 2007/05/28

Wow, you guys can be terrible(Not talking to Kassandra or Hello), this girl is obviously not well and is being extremely influenced by everything everyone says.

Teenaged Girl, pls try not to take laxitives, they will only make you feel sick on an empty stomach, try stick to your suggested diet and get well, a 16 on the BMI scale, is called hospitalisation stage, at 14 BMI- you can be forced into a hospital without choice, you need to get well love!

Reply to Concerned Parent
Posted by: Doctor | 2007/05/28

Senna is natural and will not harm your body
Go on and drink it daily and eat as little as possible

Reply to Doctor
Posted by: Teenage Girl | 2007/05/28

My BMI is 16, i want to loose more weight, can anyone tell me the answers to my questions in my other message pls

Reply to Teenage Girl
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/05/28

it really sounds that u have a very unhealthy relationship with your body and yourself, are u seeing some professional person who can teach u not to be so destractive, laxatives really dehydrate you, rather be honest with yourself, your parents love u no matter what,

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: hello | 2007/05/28

if you are underweight why do you stil want to loose weight? how much do you weigh and how tall are you. what did you do to be underweight? i cant see my self throwing up and sitting the whole day in the toilet....!!!!!! why dont you just eat healthy? not all fats make you fat.

Reply to hello
Posted by: Another Teenager | 2007/05/28

You should change you nic to STUPID GIRL

Why dont you just take the laxatives and you tell us up and until when it damages your system.

Why dont your try bingeing... throw up after supper

Reply to Another Teenager