Question
Posted by: Lea | 2007/03/02

Laxipet for Cats

How effective is laxipet for cats with longer hair that tend to suffer from hairballs.

My cat has recently started puking up her food, and I don't know if it is hairball, as she gobbles her food very fast. I have read the comments in posting 641 and will try to split her food so that she eats more regularly and smaller meals and see if this helps.

Should it be a hairball, will laxipet disolve the hair or what does it actually do? I feed her a dose once a day and she absolutely loves it. Is this in any way harmful to her?

You will recognise a hair ball as some will look like a mouse! If the cat eats fast the food swells in the stomach leading to "over load" causing regurgitation. Best to feed small amounts regularly.

3
Posted by: felicity | 2007/03/02

Why not try and put your cat onto one of the veterinary diets specifically aimed at hairball problems. Hills has an adult or senior hairball specific food and royal canin does an intense hairball diet or even the persian diet would be beneficial. IAMS has a chicken flavoured hairball control diet which can be fed until the age of 7 years.

Reply to felicity
Posted by: Lea | 2007/03/02

Great, thanks Blaah. While she still likes it I will give it to her, but she tends to get fussy very easily.

Anyway, I will monitor her and see how she goes.

Thanks!

Reply to Lea
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/03/02

always follow the instructions careful and there should be a problem
i used to give it to my female everyday, but she won't touch the stuff now

basically what it does is loosen the tummy so the hair is pooped out rather than puked out

it is very good for keeping you kitty regular too

Reply to Blaah