Posted by: ALR | 2008/09/10

Law of attraction - vision boards

Hi CS,

Im not sure if you are able to help me with this, maybe the public can give me their opinions.

I know Im a bit behind the times but I finally watched ' The Secret'  DVD last night and realised what all this hype about Law of Attraction is.

I really would like to make vision boards for myself. I have a few questions though on how they should work?
Eg - do you have a long term and a short term vision board? What happens once a ' vision'  has come true, do you remove it from the board? Can you have a main ' vision board'  that you always updating and then a ' vision book'  that you put all the visions that have come true into? What if you write down what you want your salary to be - do you put what you want it to be in a years time or do you put what you would like to earn in 10 years time?

Does any of that make sense?

I have googled vision boards - it brings up plenty of overseas websites where you can make your own vision board on the pc. Not what Im looking for.

Is there a website where you read up about how these vision boards work, read other peoples comments, opinions - that sort of thing? I would just really like clarification on certain things.

Im sceptical when it comes to stuff like this - but I try believe we have signs! My sign came this morning - my horoscope said that the next few days were going to be great and a lot of good stuff was going to be coming my way.

OK, there is NO secret in "The Secret". Like many other shallow things, it is a triumph of marketing, and re-selling of alrady well-known ideas, sometimes garbled. There is absolutely not a shred of good evidence that such things as "visual boards" have any use whatever.
I would not like to be associated in any way with the promotion or propagation of all this guff. Sorry, I'm sure your interest is sincere, but please realize how extremely vulnerable to exploitation you make yourself by accepting these assertions without good evidence or the support of relevant experts. Its all COMMERCIAL, and has nothing to do with truth or health. You say you are sceptical, but your message doesn't contain the slightest hint of scepticism --- you've bought into this stuff wholesale. Rather invest in proven remedies for real problems, not invented and commercialised remedies for invented problems

Posted by: SOSO | 2009/04/04

Please help me because I have a husband who I believe is cheating.The problem is I found the sms from a woman asking him for money.When I confront him,he burst by saying why am I checking his cell phone.His cellphone is private for him alone.Then he started saying I have an affair that is why I am acting like this,I am like his ex-girlfriend and I am obsessed.I don`t know what to do.

Reply to SOSO
Posted by: Happy | 2008/09/12

Rather CS brings you back to reality then you throw yourself into something else that is just going to make you unhappy in the end, he didn' t try to break you just to help you in a realistic manner, believe me at 22 you still have so much to look forward too! You are still so young and can do anything in your life, try to make peace with your circumstances and if you can' t, set small goals for every day, when you achieve them it' ll give you some hope and in the long run you can build up your self esteem again and be happier and start achieving bigger goals! good luck, I truly hope everything works out for you :)

Reply to Happy
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/11

Like I said, give me your e-mail address.

Reply to EL
Posted by: ALR | 2008/09/11

CS, you just killed it for.

I have been so upset with life in the past little while - Im 22 and cry myself to sleep for days on end. I could curl into a ball and disappear and not care.

The one thing I find that I' d like to have faith in to bring me a bit of happiness and you crush me!

Thanks for making everything worse again.

Reply to ALR
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/10

They say that there is a secret behind te secret to make it work. I just saw something very interesting on the internet. If you give me your e-mail address I will e-mail it to you.

Reply to EL