Posted by: Rachel | 2011/07/25

Latex Allergy

I have got a suspected latex allergy/intolerance. However every doctor I go to seems perplexed at this and none can help me.
The only sources I have to go on are online ones and I can''t get a diagnosis off that.
It is getting increasingly bad, affecting where I can go and what I can eat.

Are there any places or people in the Cape area who deal with this kind of thing?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


What exactly are you referring to when you say you are latex intolerant? What substance are you referring to? Do you perhaps mean lactose intolerant? On receipt of your reply, the matter will receive my further attention.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Rachel | 2011/07/25

Hi there,

Thank you for your quick reply!

The substance I am referring to is a type of plastic. The kind that balloons and latex gloves are made of. Also the kind that the soles of shoes are made of and elastics ect...
I''m completely fine with dairy.


Reply to Rachel

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.