Question
Posted by: yola | 2007/08/20

late then started

I had my last period on 15 - 20 July, so according to calculation i should have started on the 12th or 13th of August, but i didn't, i'm a week late and started on the 19th of August. I feel tired, my breasts hurt and food that i've always eaten now makes my stomache turn. I have never been late with my period or missed one. Is it possible that I am pregnant and if so how will i be able to calculate how long i've been pregnant?

It sounds like you had a hormone imbalance with a late period, but check a pregnancy test if you are worried.

4
Posted by: lol | 2008/04/01

hi
i am concerned i have been on the pill for 11 years, i start my period on the evening of the second or morning of the third placebo pill, its the first month im now on my fourth pill and still no sign of my period, i am also dizzy, light headed, have terrible headaches and feel weak and lathargic, yesterday i was feeling terribly ill, i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative
what is wrong with me?
please help

Reply to lol
Posted by: faith | 2007/08/21

sometimes our bodies just fall out of timing, and throughout your life, you will experience changes in your cycle. From the length of your period and how heavy it is. I wouldn't worry too much about being pregnant if you are having your period. And it is normal for breasts to be tender during the period. Also, if you eat to much, during the time you are retaining, it can add to your cramping and make you feel a bit sick. I wouldn't worry too much, yet if you were to completely miss a period, then, you should have a test.

Reply to faith
Posted by: katherine | 2007/08/20

I had the same problem except i spotted for 3 days and then started, second month in a row so i'd like to hear the gynae's response cause i'm also relaxed so haven't done a test
good luck ladies

Reply to katherine
Posted by: eve | 2007/08/20

I experienced the same problem and haven't done the test since the periods came late I thought well it's impossible to fall pregnant .

looking forward to the gynae's response to your posting.

Reply to eve