Posted by: Sylvia | 2008/10/16

Late Period

Hi There!!

My period is a week late now, If Im not pregnant, what elso could be wrong? I havent taken a test yet but i dont feel any signs of pregnancy.

Dear Sylvia

I would suggest that you do some form of pregnancy testing as soon as possible. There are several other causes for delayed or absent menses and in particular the presence of an ovarian cyst either due to ovulatory failure or persistent corpus luteum may be present and this should be ruled out by pelvic ultrasound scanning.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Sylvia | 2008/10/20

Its me again. I took the test and it came out negative.I was last on my period on the 06/09/2008. I should also mention that i was on Minerva for some time but stopped it in June. Could i be blocked? i have heard of this happening.

Reply to Sylvia
Posted by: zellie | 2008/10/16

I have the same symptoms

Reply to zellie