Question
Posted by: Blue | 2007/08/13

Late Period

Dear Doc,

I am confused, I have been on the fertility drug Fertomid? (same as Clomid) for four months and last month were the first month I didn't take it and now I am 7 days late with my period. There is no indication at all that it will start in the near future, normally I know that it is comming 2-3 days before it actually starts.
Could I be pregnant and when should I test?
Could a blood test be wrong?

Thanks Blue

You could be pregnant or it could be that you did not ovulate. You will have to do a pregnancy test to find out. You can test now. Blood tests are very accurate.

2
Posted by: Blue | 2007/08/13

I was just wondering because I am very sure that I did ovulate. And now the test are negative but I have slight abdomonal cramping and when I had intercourse on day 24 of my 28 day cycle there was bleeding but then it dissapeared. My breast has also been a little tender.

I would realy love to fall pregnant but I have been trying for about a year & a half and are now scared to be hoping for a miracle.

How long should I wait to see if my period returns and if it doesn't should I see my gynae again?

Reply to Blue
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/13

if your period is already late then a blood test can't be wrong. you can do a home test now.

Reply to Nix