Question
Posted by: dundun | 2004/11/30

Late period

Today was a bad day for me, I am 7 days late. I went for a blood test and it came back negative. I am so upset. We work ourselves up into such a state, that I cried on my way back to work. I felt so alone, I felt as though someone had taken a sharp knife and stuck it right through my heart.

I cannot understand why, if I am not preggies, then why am I late, I am not stressed, actually I am so relaxed due to the fact that I go on leave very soon. So why do you think I am late, do you or anyone out there think there might just be a small chance that I am preggies.

Is 7 days to soon to have a blood test?

Awaiting someone's encourging words.

Dundun

PS: Congrats to all who have fallen preggies, and I am holding thumbs and praying for those who wish they are......

GOODLUCK ALL

The blood test is positive on the day of your expected period.

3
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/12/01

Hi dundun,

Just wanted to let you know that i had the same problem last month (i had never been late ever in my life!), and a few days after my blood test i got my period. I really know how disappointing it can be! A realtive of my told me that she read somewhere that when our bodies do such things it is just preparing for us to fall pregnant in the near future....I certainly hope so!

On the other hand another relative of mine who had irregular cycles was late and she kept testing every week ant it came up negative. It was only when she was 8 weeks pregnant and did a test, did it come up positive.

Hang in there...just maybe you will be lucky this month!

Reply to Shirls
Posted by: Rene | 2004/11/30

I have very long cycles (on average 35 days). When I missed my period I must have done 4 home pregnancy tests (all negative) I did a blood test on +/- 35 day (was negative as well) I then repeated the blood test 4 days later and it was positive. I am now 24 weeks pregnant.

Are you cycles regular? How long are your cycles? You might have just tested a wee bit too early. I say wait another 3-4 days then do another blood test.

Try not to feel so defeated. Everything happens for a reason. If this is not your month try try and try again.

Wish you everything of the best.
René

Reply to Rene
Posted by: Pauka | 2004/11/30

Hi Dundun,

Why dont u do a pregnacy test, I wish u get the positive results I'll pray and hold thumbs for u, maybe its your month u will never know

BEST WISHES!!

Luv Pauka

Reply to Pauka