Question
Posted by: baldy man.... | 2003/03/17

Laser-Treatment - Male baldness & cures...

I recently saw a Magerzine AD, about the guy from Big Brother... who was balding on the top of his head.... he went for laser treatment and he has his original hair back within 6 months.... could you please tell me more about this procedure... how its done, side effects, costs, etc etc....

Please could you also tell me about the side effects of a Medicine called Proscar...

thanx...

BM, there are different ways of using a laser to help combat baldness – you can use it to make hair plugs for transplantation or it can be used to stimulate hair growth. Removing hair plugs can be done with other methods that work just as well or even better, and the last option has been around for quite some time and was not as successful as one might have hoped.
You have to remember that a celebrity endorsing a product isn’t scientific proof. Unfortunately I don’t know of anybody that has gone for the treatment, so I can’t really tell you if it works or not. What I can tell you is that I’m bald too and I haven’t even bothered to find out more.
The side effects of Proscar® are listed as sexual dysfunction, breast tenderness, hypersensitivity reactions and possible abnormalities of genitals of the male foetus.
Good luck.