Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2003/02/25

Laser treatment for permanent hair removal

Can laser treatment for permanent hair removal cause cancer. My friend had laser treatment on 2 occasions (a period of 8 weeks between treatments) and has developed on her leg a lump under the skin. The skin is also red and painful.

Tessa, I doubt that the laser caused cancer. It probably caused severe irritation and that’s why the skin is red and painful. It might of course also be that the laser has nothing to do with the whole problem. The best would be to see a doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.