Question
Posted by: jskr | 2008/12/10

Larva Under Skin

Unfortunately it was too late when I discovered that my snake hadn' t eaten a mouse I had fed him, and it seems that there was fly larva lying around in his enclosure.

He has developed a rather big lump under his skin, and I suspect that a fly might have laid eggs under his skin. What is the recommended treatment? Should I wait for the lump to rupture on hatching, or lance the lump?

Can anyone recommend a reptile vet in the Pretoria/Centurion area? I used to know a reptile vet, however he has moved to Cape Town.

Dear jskr

Sorry, cant help you with this one.