Question
Posted by: Anne | 2004/02/17

Large clitoris

I'm too embarrassed to ask the doctor or anyone, but my clitoris seems a lot bigger than every other girl's I know. Is this normal or should I see a doctor? Please answer me ASAP. I'm worried. Thank you so much!

You do not have to worry. Your clitoris may seem or be, in fact, bigger than other girls' you know; for example, sometimes adrenal glands produce hormones during fetal development that cause women to be born with a larger clitoris. However, this doesn't upset its function, as the purpose of the clitoris is to give pleasure (a clitoris has more nerve endings than a penis!). Nor do any two clitorises look alike. Similar to a penis, the clitoris also varies in size, with a wide range of "normal." Women's clitorises can be longer or shorter, thinner or wider, flat/less prominent or more obvious. The tip of the clitoris, known as the glans, may be visible or hidden. During arousal, the clitoris becomes swollen and changes position.

You didn't mention your age in your e-mail, so it's unclear if you've ever been to a gynecologist or a woman's health care nurse practitioner for an exam. If you haven't yet, this might be the time. Usually, you meet with the health care professional before you are examined, and have a chance to talk with the person first. You can mention your concern to the health care provider, write a note on your history form, or prepare a private note to be handed to him or her before you are examined, that can go something like this: "I am worried about something. This is really embarrassing to bring up. I am concerned about the size of my clitoris. I'm afraid it's too big." Chances are your provider will reassure you that it's within the normal range, and then s/he can address your fears as well as examine your anatomy.

You may want to peruse the following resources that include illustrations and photographs of the clitoris and vulva before you go to your appointment. The book Sex for One by Betty Dodson, the Genital Art Gallery on her Web site, and the 1978 version of I Am My Lover edited by Joani Blank can work wonders at demystifying, reassuring, and educating both women and men about the variety of sizes, shapes, colors, and parts of women's inner "hearts." If you have any more questions about the clitoris, the book, The Clitoral Truth by Rebecca Chalker can also be interesting.

6
Posted by: biglips | 2004/02/19

I too was embarrassed about the appearance of my genitals - my labia are fairly long and hang down a bit. Sex was a nightmare, me contriving to put myself in any position so he wouldn't see. My partner assured me that I am the most beautiful person in the world, and I know its not true, but the way he said it, made me want to believe it. It made me think that if someone else is kind enough to want me to believe that all of me is beautiful, why shouldn't I? A book that I read also gave me lots of confidence. It was informative and demystified everything "down there". I can't remember the authors, but if you go to the local library and check up on the system by the book title "The V Book", you should find it. I would encourage every single woman to read it and be proud of her uniqueness.

Reply to biglips
Posted by: Clit lover | 2004/02/17

Yeah baby, just relax and go with it. Just think for all those idiot men out there who have trouble ever finding the clit, you will just have pure stimulation from the get go. What a wonderful invention. No more fiddling around for the sweet spot, just str8 to the action. ENJOY!

Reply to Clit lover
Posted by: Mystery | 2004/02/17

The mystery behind the beauty in larger clits is unmarched, so baby take a plus for ya.
It almost destroyed my marriage with my beautiful wife, but i repented.

Reply to Mystery
Posted by: balthazarman | 2004/02/17

Hi Anne

I am really facscinated by a large clit I think it as a wonderful treasure. Please contact me at balthazarman@yahoo.com so we can talk.

Reply to balthazarman
Posted by: GBB | 2004/02/17

There is nothing nicer to me than a large clitoris. You are a lucky lady.

Reply to GBB
Posted by: Mjita | 2004/02/17

Please do not worry. My partner not only has got a larger clit, the left side of her labia is also larger and sort of hangs outside. At a glance you would be confused as to which is which, labia or clit. But we have turned it into the greatest fun of all. Her clit is almost the size of my thumb and I so enjoy sucking that thing. Its like sucking the teat of a baby feeding bottle and she really enjoys it, she screams like she is in some heaven. The labia that is hanging out is also very sensitive. When I suck it, she jumps for the ceiling. The best thing she enjoys is when I suck both simultaneously. For me this is fine because some ladies have the pea sized clit which tends to hide away when you need to play your toungue on it. So Anne you don't need no doctor you don't need no surgery, this is what you creator gave you and whoever you are involved with must accept you the way you are.

Reply to Mjita