Posted by: Apprehensive | 2007/04/11


My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since Jan this year. I've been off the pill since Nov 2006. My gynae says that I should have conceived by now and that my womb & ovaries are in excellent shape, but he'll need to perform a laporoscopy to check my tubes for endometriosis. Isn't it a bit too soon for such a procedure?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It can take up to a year to conceive. Unless there is some reason to suspect a problem, it is rather early to be doing tests.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: lonely | 2007/04/11

If the doc suspect that you have endometriosis then he will suggest going for a lap. I visited a fertility specialist and due to my history of painfull periods when I was younger he suspected endo and performed the lap. I had the lap done in August where he found endo which he removed and he checked my tubes in the same process.... I fell pregnant naturaly 2 months later. That was after struggling for 3yrs to fall pregnant. I'm glad I had the lap done because if I didnt it probably wouldve taken even longer.... I'm expecting my first LO in June... I would suggest your rather have it done now than wait and then you have to do it a year later in any case...if you go now then you might just have you LO by next year... Its a simple procedure just to check if you have any growths or if you tubes is blocked...

Reply to lonely
Posted by: Annies | 2007/04/11

I agree with Nix, it is totally to soon for a laporoscopy. Do you have any other signs of endometrioses or had it before?

Reply to Annies
Posted by: Nix | 2007/04/11

you should change doctors. it takes a healthy normal couple up to 12 months to concieve. don't rush it, just wait till january 2008 before you take action. i'm sure everyone else will advise the same. good luck!!! lots of baby dust to you.

Reply to Nix

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.