Question
Posted by: Trace | 2005/07/27

Laporoscopy

How long after a laporoscopy can a person start TTC'ing again. Going for a laporoscopy on Tuesday.

At least 3 weeks, but it also depends what the laparoscopy is for.

6
Posted by: breez | 2005/07/28

Alex - I definately wouldn't be trying any funny business yet - its way to soon. I wasn'r saw per say after a week just a little sensitive. Where are you hurting without being to graphic? I was sensitive round my bladder still after a week but I think that there was some bad endo there and a fibroid. My bladder still has its moments. I've been drinking cranberry juice to ensure no bladder infections. See my reply above re sex. I think you need to not beat yourself up about it - you had an op for goodness sake! You are allowed to be not horny for a while. If its really worrying you why not at least give the gynae a call. Don't you have to go back to have stiches out. You could ask them about your worries then. It does get better though. Feel better soon.

Reply to breez
Posted by: Alex | 2005/07/28

Had a laporoscopy procedure last week and am still sore. Is that normal? Friends said it would not be painful. Feeling bad as not in mood for sex yet. What is the normal recovery time?

Reply to Alex
Posted by: D | 2005/07/27

It usually takes 4 - 6 weeks for your period to start but you are fertile any time after that. It is possible to conceive the next month as long as you are ovulating. I got my period exactly 4 weeks after th elap and definitely did ovulate. Go for it and good luck!

Reply to D
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/27

I waited for my 1st period to arrive.
After that i only started trying. I am now in my 3rd month of trying and hoping for the best!!

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: breez | 2005/07/27

I was told 3 weeks by gynae and 6 weeks by his nurse. We tried 3 weeks was a bit soon I think. Wasn't too comfortable. We're at 7 weeks and I only feel confident now. The Nurse said to only try when you really, really feel like it( I think she was trying to say when you're horny). I hae heard quite a few stories of women falling preggies straight away. I have a friend who did. Evedently everything is nice and clean and ready after a lap. This is my second month trying - praying all the stories I heard where true. Good luck with your lap. Hope it sorts everthing out. Feel free to ask me any more questions. Pokkel and I had laps around the same time.

Reply to breez
Posted by: Trace | 2005/07/27

...and how long after a lapo can someone fall pregnant. Any advice will be appreciated.
Tracy

Reply to Trace