Question
Posted by: Cherry | 2007/03/20

Laparotomy with salpingectomy

Hi Doc,

I had the above surgery on 22 Feb 2007 and remained in hospital till the 27th as I had a fever of 38 degrees. On discharge I have been booked off for 6 weeks and am due to return to work on 9 April.

My employer however says that its ridiculous to be off for such a long period of time and insists that I come in for full working days as of last week. A couple of days after starting to come to work every day I experience intense lower backpain, headaches and light headedness when getting up from the sitting position. There is also a very minimal amount of discharge on the wound dressing.

What are the future complications I could experience if I don't stay home and rest for the full period the doctor recomended on discharge.

Also bear in mind that as a secretary I am in the sitting position all day long.

Dear Cherry

Kindly refer this question to the gynae doctor on this forum.

2
Posted by: also did it | 2007/03/23

i also had the same operation early January,but was fine after two weeks ,was back to work,

Reply to also did it
Posted by: Queen | 2007/03/20

Hi, I had the same operation done about a year ago , My operation was dry, and did not have any leakages. I had melting stitches. I was fine about a week after the operation and returned back to work 2 weeks after the operation. Please go and see you doctor as it should be healed from the outside by now.

Reply to Queen