Question
Posted by: shy and scared | 2005/11/24

laparotomy and endometriosis the 28 November 2005

Hi please help me as soon as possilbe.

The 28 of this month (monday) i am going for a laparatomy as i have endometriosis. My gynae said that i have it severely which led me to having a bikini cut. Is it very painful?

Im booked off for 6 weeks? Will i be able to get pregnant?

Please help me

Their will be pain with the operation but you will be given painkillers.
After the operation, your doctor should be able to give you a better idea of how much damage there is and the chances of pregnancy.

2
Posted by: shy and scared | 2005/11/24

hi Sn, i have been diagnosed by laparoscopy and not just that it has to be removed by laparotomy as the one endomertios has attached itself to my food thing (derm in Arfikaans) and they are in a bleeding state. The other one is blocking the hole where my womb opens. Both are very dangerous places and have to be removed.

Do you understand?

Well i am actually worried because i am only 19 years of age.

Reply to shy and scared
Posted by: SN | 2005/11/24

Hello Shy and Scared

This is just my opinion..

Was your diagnosis of endometrioses made by a previous laproscopy.

I only had laparotomies when I developed large chocolate cysts. I will not lie to you, yes it is painful for the first two days but I found that I was up and about within the week. Everyone handles pain differently.

Technology is very advanced these days, why not asked your doctor if he cannot perform a laproscopy to remove the endo. It is a much better option and is less painless.

As for the question of kids, it depends at what stage the endo is and how much damage there is to the reproductiive organs and also what your treatment options are available to you.

Hope that I have helped and I am sure that you will be fine.

Reply to SN