Question
Posted by: Amber | 2007/02/26

Laparotomy

I had a lap 3 weeks ago for stage 4 endometreosis. still a bit of pain, i have just received my post op treatment which is the injection Gnrh ag. - zolodex which i will get 3 injections.
question- can i fall pregnant whilst on this drug . how long after my lap can i have sex,

Dear Amber

It is extremely unlikely to conceive whilst on Zoladex since the objective of the medication is to inhibit not only ovulation, but also menstruation and thereby cause a regression of any remaining endometriosis. I cannot answer the second part of the question with respect to intercourse as this depends entirely on the surgeon performing the operation. In general we advise no intercourse for at least 4 weeks.