Question
Posted by: xxx help asb | 2007/08/24

Laparoskopie & Histeroskopie

Help asb ek het vir 'n laser en Laparoskopie & Histeroskopie gegaan op die 9 Aug dokter het gese my regter eierstok is buite werking net my linker kan is reg. Wat is my kanse om swanger te kan raak, ek wil bitter graag 'n baba he.

Dear Help asb

Although it is possible to conceive with one patent and presumably normal tube, the chances would be significantly reduced. Pregnancy will most likely occur only if ovulation is taking place on the left side and this normally would occur every alternate month. This implies that in one month the chances of conception is close to zero, but the following month the chances could be expected to be in the order of 15%. However to increase the possibilities of conception I suggest that ovulation induction be attempted, initially with simple oral medication such as clomiphene citrate (clomid, fertimed etcetera) and subsequently to introduce injectable agents as well if so desired. This will ensure that ovulation or follicle development occurs from both ovaries simultaneously each month and thereby significantly enhancing the chances of conception, more especially if this is combined with intrauterine insemination.