Question
Posted by: sad :( | 2004/11/30

Laparoscopy and endometriosis

I want to know If I should get a second opinion before going for IVF. I had a Laparoscopy done last month, my endometriosis was very bad resulting in me loosing my right falopian tube :(
also my left tube was affected by endo, the end of my falopian tube apparently cannot hold onto my ovary properly? the doc says I will need to go for IVF as my chances of falling pregnant naturally is very poor :(

my question is, is IVF the only way or should I go for a second opinion?

Sounds like you need IVF.

3
Posted by: sad | 2004/12/01

thanks for the advice guys. this means so much to me coz its been a tough month, its nice to know that there are people out there who care and understands my predicament...

best of luck to the both of u ;)

Reply to sad
Posted by: Kerry | 2004/11/30

I'm soooo sorry to hear about your bad luck. My heart goes out to you. If I were you, I would go directly for IVF. There are so many people on a waiting list here to go for IVF. If nothing happens for us in the next 6 months, we will be put onto the IVF waiting list.
I wish you the best of luck and you just hang in there and be as positive as you possibly can be!!

Reply to Kerry
Posted by: Sad face | 2004/11/30

Go for a second opinion!!!! I had a full historectomi when I was 21because of endometriosis. If there was one thing I have learned out of my situation, go for a second opinion. I am so sorry today that I did not go for a second opinion. I am 29 and can not have children. If I had gone for a second opinion, things might have been different for me today! GO! GO! GO!

Reply to Sad face