Question
Posted by: lala | 2007/12/05

laparatomy & ttc

does a laparatomy performed a year ago stop one from conceiving? my gynae did a lapscope and said tubes are open

No it would not stop you from conceiving.

2
Posted by: lala | 2007/12/06

he has low count, had a laparatomy - bit cut on tummy from below chest, gynae ruptured my colon in the process of removing a cyst this is in Feb 06. in May this year had another op a lapscope this time to remove very mild endo and adhesions, i guess from the laparatomy, also had ovarian drilling, and h/s. Nothing happened and went back to him in October where he found a cyst 5X5 caused by clomid he gave me end of July, had failed iui in August, in October he did another lapscope to get rid of this cyst which had attached itself to my big colon again, so at my last check up he said my inside was fine, so i have decided to take a break from meds and try the natural way, i just dont know how fertile i am now. dh will see urologist on Monday, i hope it will happen the natural way

Reply to lala
Posted by: Cherry | 2007/12/06

No a lapscope usually makes you more fertile. Did he only check tubes or did he remove some endo as well. If he removed endometrioses in any level, then yes it could have grown back in a year. If everything was fine at the lapscope, maybe you are not ovulating.

Has your husband had a semen anylisis?

Reply to Cherry