Question
Posted by: Tash33 | 2004/11/09

Laparascopy

hello everyone

Just had a lap last week Friday but did not bleed much after the procedure. Is it normal to have heavy periods after the op or there is something wrong????

You may have a heavier period the month after the laparoscopy, but not everyone does.

Best wsihes

3
Posted by: Ang22 | 2004/11/09

I Agree with Golly ...
after my lap in (May) I had slight bleeding that day it also stoped within 24h, My period the next month was a little late but very heavy at first ...
take it easy try to relax! (as hard as that maybe) I guess it differs from woman to woman!

Good Luck

Reply to Ang22
Posted by: Tash33 | 2004/11/09

Thank you Golly for your reply.It was done on the 29th October and my periods started on the 6th Nov a day earlier than usual. Your explanation does make sense just that I've never been this heavy before

Reply to Tash33
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/09

Tash33

I also bled very little after my laparoscopy and D&C. It stopped witin 24 hours. My next period after the scope was on time. I think it depends on when in your cycle you do the scope. If it is done early (before ovulation) the endometrium would not have built up much since your last period and the bleeding will be light. If the lap scope is done shortly before expected period, the endometrium is much thicker and you would bleed more heavily.

Don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reply to Golly