Question
Posted by: haley | 2009/10/18

Laminectomy L5-L6

I have just undergone surgery for the above, what is the cause, could this be a sign of artheritis and how long does it take to recover as I am still in lots of pain and it has been 1 week since the operation.
Age:30 Female

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Haley
The surgeon who did the operation would be the best one to ask as I don't know why he did the operation. It could be that there was degeneration of those disks with some nerve involvement and it caused pain? Recovery time also differs between patients- maybe you must wait a little longer and see whether it gets better. if not, you must definitely see your surgeon again

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2009/10/26

Dear Haley

Reply to Healthy Bones