Question
Posted by: JEAN | 2008/06/05

Laminectomy

Hi, I had spinal surgery 3 weeks ago, and only stayd at home for a week before starting to work again. The problem is my wound keeps on opening up and my back is tired and sore. I have started strapping the sides of the wound together with plastic band-aids. this helps, but as soon as i remove it, and start moving, the wound opens up. could this be dangerous? i treat the wound with wound powder and keep it clean at all times. what is normal to be expected after a laminectomy?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

My apologies - somehow your question got lost as a result of a minor internet crash. Your condition most probably needs some assistance from your family physician. Your first aid sounds good - but if the healing seems to slow - this may need some better medical intervention.