Posted by: DDM | 2008/08/01

Lame body &  right arm

I woke up yesterday morning and as I normally get out of bed but landed up falling out of bed as my body was lame. As I sat up leaning against my bed my right arm was swinging almost as if it was not attached to my body, my arm was totally paralysed. It is not the arm I sleep on as I sleep on my left side and the strangest thing is that I normally you would get pins and needles but there wasnt any pins and needles it was totally dead. A few seconds later it was fine. I got up went for my shower and all was okay. There is no pain no nothing.
I am 46 Years, female, weight 58kg - so please give me an answer.
Many Thanks

Thank you for visiting

It is possible that you applied pressure to the cervical nerves due to the position that you slept in (although you did not sleep on the lame side). If this is a once off episode, you should not be concerned. If it re-occurs, it is possible that ischemic insident of the brain. You will then have to consult a neurologist and have a MRI scan of your brain done.

Kind regards