Question
Posted by: lalla | 2006/07/24

lalla

I want to gain weigt all over but specialy in my arms I lost weigt because I became sort of anorexic so there are a lot of bones sikking out but I want a muscular look and is sick of being so skinny, but I dont like oily food ? Will mussal cover the bone or do i need lots of fat too ? But I dont want mt waist to get big that the part of my body I like most and I do tons of sit ups a day so I have a muscular tummy ,how can I keep it like that ?

Hi Lalla

I think it is always tricky when people say they want to gain weight, because they usually mean muscle mass but the distinction becomes blurred and they can end up gaining fat mass, which is almost never a good thing. I say almost because in instances of severe weight loss it is beneficial to regain some fat mass. Now the key in all this is your diet and it is very vital that you are eating well. In general, if you are exercising, and your energy intake per day is higher than what you burn from exercise, then you will gain weight, and it will be predominantly muscle mass which is what you desire. So my most important piece of advice is that you eat very well and continue to train as you have been.

Then, to your training you should add some weight training. I would suggest that at this stage, if you are at the gym, you do the super circuit workout, simply because of its convenience and easy access. If you do this twice a week, you will begin to see some change. Remember, it will take time and your diet is so vital, I cannot stress enough how important diet is.