Question
Posted by: Paul | 2007/05/07

Lactose intolerance

Hi Doc I have a problem with Bloating after I eat or drink I get heart palpetations with it as well this is now happening daily I have tried all medications but to no real avail could this be a Lactose reaction cos the only thing I havent changed is my daily tea intake which will be in the region of 10 cups with milk. I noticed last night I had a small bowl of cornflakes about an hour before I went to bed and I suffered the whole night with bloating and every now and then a boom boom from my chest.whats your opinion as this is now 2 years that I am struggling and it now seems to be getting worse.

Dear Paul
It may be that you have a hiatus hernia - ask your doctor to organize a gastroscopy for you. Try avoiding milk ( this contains Calcium that stimulates stomach acid).