Question
Posted by: Catlady | 2004/12/17

lactobacillus prebiotic capsules

Thanks Karen for answering my question re my cats' dandruff. I don't think I will try the spraying with olive oil or handcream but I would like to give the capsules. Do I buy these at the chemist, vet and what exactly do I ask for? Does nobody make Mirrorcote or something like that in a gel or cream so one could put it on the cats' feet so they could lick it off.

l

Hi Catlady
You can get prebiotic capsules from your vet (animal version) or from the chemist (human version e.g. Lactovita). You can also use plain yoghurt as it contains a lot of lactobacillus, which is a prebiotic. You can put Mirrorcote oil straight onto your cat's paws so it can be licked off.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST