Question
Posted by: student | 2007/05/06

lactate loading part2

hi there

me again. Thank you for your answer.

yes, the topic is lactate loading. it is actually my friend who needs to do a presentation on lactate loading and i told her i would try and find out for her. My presentation is on glutamine.
So basically there is no such thing as lactate loading......because it doesnt make sense to me either....

thank you though

Hi student

Thanks for the reply - I really don't know what lactate loading might be. I still think it may have something to do with bicarbonate and buffer systems, but that's a guess. Can she not ask the course supervisor or administrator for some assistance? Whatever the answer, there's no scientific benefit to 'lactate loading', and it's not even possible because the body cannot store lactate - as I said, lactate is taken up and immediately converted back to pyruvate and then glucose, so a molecule of lactate lasts no more than 30 minutes in the body. Perhaps your friend can say this for 5 seconds and that's the presentation, because the concept is about that worthwhile!!