Question
Posted by: selco | 2005/11/20

lack of self confidence is ruining my life

im merely 22! my life sucks at the moment and i dont know how to get it back.....i seem to start pushing everyone away from me....i lost all my self esteem and confidence...and because of the lack thereoff im afraid of meeting new people....and it has taken its toll for to long. I'm starting to slack down in life and everything i do...or used to do!! PLZ HELP ME 2!!

Hi selco,
It may seem odd, but I have never yet come acoss someone with lack of self-confidence, who actually deserved it --- whereas the world is full of people with buckets of self-confidence, who have actually nothing whatever to feel so darn confident about ! Counselling, especially of the CBT variety, would be the answer. You sound as though you are getting caught up in a cycle of negative thinking about yourself, expecting failure, and managing to achieve what you expect. I have no doubt that you can turn this around, with the help of the right counsellor