Question
Posted by: Nthabi | 2005/11/23

lack of oxygen???????

I yawn a lot and not because I’m tired or anything like that, I just yawn and a lady here at work told me it due to lack of oxygen! My foot sometimes gets this painful cramps, especially at night and I feel like I wont be able to move in the morning, this pains its like I have been hit by a massive object, I cant move it, its painful if I move it and if I don’t it gets worse, this lasts for about 5mins then I’m fine. My dad says I lack oxygen on my body!
What exactly is happening to my body- the yawning and my foot?

Nthabi, I doubt that it is due to a lack of oxygen – yawning is more due to carbon dioxide building up in the body due to shallow breathing. That said, you symptoms do sound a bit weird and the best would be to see your doctor and make sure that there isn’t n underlying problem. Good luck.