Question
Posted by: Sunshinegirl | 2007/03/20

lack of oestrogen

I'm 26 years old and have had my period for about three weeks, I chatted to my gynea and without seeing me he recommended I take oestrogen.I started taking it yesterday and it seems to be helping.I just wondered why I have had my period for so long. It if it is due to lack of oestrogen, what happened to my natural source of it and will the tables I'm taking correct it for the future? what does it mean if I'm lacking oestrogen? What did I do to cause this? Is it anything sexual?What are any of the other contraindications of not having enough oestrogen?

It does not mean that you have a lack of oestrogen, rather that there may have been an imbalance of hormones in this cycle. If this is the first time it has happened, there is a good chance that it will not recur. It would not have been caused by anything you did.