Question
Posted by: Brad | 2007/12/10

Labrador eating other dogs faeces

Hi there,

We have a 18 old month balck female labrador ( Holly ) and another female terrier cross approx 14 months old ( Paris ). We adopted a 4 month old female cross terrier from the SPCA 2 months ago ( Nessie ). Since we adopted Nessie, Holly has started eating Nessie's faeces. I've caught her doing this 3 times in the last 3 weeks but she has definitely not done this in the past ( with Paris ). Holly eats the Hills Light for large breeds and Nessie is on the Hills Puppy. Holly does sometimes gobble down some of the puppy food but its never a huge amount.

Why would she be doing this?

Now and then dogs do show really unusual behaviour like eating other animals faeces- often it is either cattle or horse manual and can also be cat faeces. Are the faeces of the dog eating faeces normal? Not pale or greasy etc?

1
Posted by: Brad | 2007/12/12

It looks completely normal. I have been keeping an eye on it and it seems all normal......

Reply to Brad