Question
Posted by: chantel | 2006/04/19

Labour

I am 37 weeks pregnant. The "plug" came out about 2 months ago already. when I went to see my doctor he said that the cervix is still hard buyt my placenta has moved to the right. is this normal. Will I be able to go into natural labour by myself or will they have to enduce me? Baby has been pushing down on the pelvic bones alot lately that it actually become so painful that I cannot stand. Is that a sign of labour?

None of these are signs of labour. I don't see any reason from what you have described why you should not go into labour by yourself. You have another 4 weeks before it would be necessary to induce you.

1
Posted by: sue | 2006/04/19

The fact that the baby is pushing down on your pelvic bones means that he/she has gone into position in readiness for birth, it is uncomfortable, but doesn't mean you are in labour yet. Labour is pretty unmistakable, the contractions start off like period type cramps and soon progress to hard labour which is when you need to have a man around to scream at - very loudly!!

Im not sure about the placenta moving, but you should be going for very regular check up's with your OB, especially as the plug has come out - he should put your mind at rest about all queries.

Reply to sue