Question
Posted by: berni | 2004/11/24

labour

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my first baby and am curious to know how do labour starts.

thanks

berni

It starts with pains, breaking of the waters or a show (blood and mucous discharge).

3
Posted by: maryna | 2004/11/24

hi bernie?

iam also preggies with first baby,not sure what sex,through doc said its was a girl,but iam gonna makw sure on the 29th when i go for my checkup,starting to buy clothing now?iam six month and iam not carriyng big though,but iam excited and worried about the labour,and thanks for the ladies advies,really love to hear more labur stories?

have a lovely day?
maryna

Reply to maryna
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/24

I think everyone had diff feelings.
I felt funny the Friday before my boy was born, but nothing like back pain, just funny, verry bloted and swollen and really tired.
I woke up at about 3a.m and went to the loo, but I felt something diff, like when you have period pains, I thought it was cause I hold to go to the loo. And I just could get to sleep again, went to sit in the TV room, and then only I was worried, I started to time the "period pains" and jip, I was in labour, no water running along my legs nothing, and no pain.
It's funny your body will let you know something is going on...

Anyway.... good luck and don't worry you will know when it's time.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Jelly | 2004/11/24

With my first I felt some back ache low down throughout the day - I was sitting in an electric lazy boy (the kind that massages your back through vibration) when my waters broke!! Never gotten out of a chair that fast in my life - thought I was going to be electrocuted for sure! Labour pains started almost immediately after that and my son was with us three hours later.

Reply to Jelly