Question
Posted by: Jay | 2004/02/26

KY Jelly and trying for a baby?

This may be a stupid question, but can/does KY Jelly as a lubricant during intercourse hinder conception in any way or would it be better to leave it alone when we try?

Thanks in advance
Jay

It has been said that KY jelly hinders sperm movement to some extent. For most people it does not cause any problems. Only if you are struggling to fall pregnant should you consider avoiding it.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2004/02/26

My feeling is that it is best to avoid it. I tried for a few months using it and then two months not using it. I fell pregnant when I didn't use it. Could be coincidental but I would rather not use it if you are trying to conceive.

Best fo luck!!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Nel | 2004/02/26

Hi Jay

In my experience KY jelly is fine and doesn't hinder the sperm, my hubby and I used it and conceived without a problem. I think lubrication in general is fine as long as its water based, vaseline for instance which I know some people use, I don't think would be a good idea.

Reply to Nel