Question
Posted by: SJL | 2005/12/08

KY Jelly

I heard that using KY Jelly reduce your chances of falling pregnant, is this true? If so, what could I use in place of it?

dear SJL

The use of KY Jelly does not necessarily reduce the chances of falling pregnant as it is not a strong spermicide, ie it does nit result in the death of the sperm themselves. However, if used in excessive quantities it could hamper sperm motility ie the movement of tge sperm in in so doing can impede fertility potential. There are other lubricants available but they all have the same unfortunate drawbacks.