Question
Posted by: Tiekie | 2005/11/28

Krismis Boom

Wanneer is die regte tyd om dit op te sit? En dan af te haal ?

I'm with ... here --- European tradition, at least, is that Twelfth Night, ther 12th night after Christmas, is when the decorations come down. But I thionk it's best of all to make your own family traditions in this sort of topic

6
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/28

We usually put our Christmas tree up at the beginning of December and take it down just after New Year. This is almost a ceremony in our home. The children decorate the tree as they wish. Looking at the twinkling lights at night, puts all of us in the Christmas-spirit long before the actual day. I don't follow rules, we made our own and it's now tradition in our family.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/28

there isn't a rule about when to put it up as far as i know... but it gets taken down on the 12th night after christmas.......

Reply to ...
Posted by: VM | 2005/11/28

I think traditionally it goes up 12 days before christmas and is down 10 days after.

Reply to VM
Posted by: Jade | 2005/11/28

Ons sit dit alles op, op die 11de and haal dit af op die aand van die 31ste.

According to my religion all christmas decorations are up from two weeks before christmas until the church service on the 31st Dec and then we take it all down that the new year is started without Christmas decor.

Reply to Jade
Posted by: Tiekie | 2005/11/28

Dankie Jazzi jazz

Reply to Tiekie
Posted by: jaz | 2005/11/28

15 dae voor kersfees, 15 dae na kersfees afhaal!

Reply to jaz