Question
Posted by: Stella | 2004/03/01

Kombucka tea

I am 4 weeks pregnant and drank a glass of Kombucka tea (it is a tea brewed from a spesific type of mushroom). Can it be harmfull to my baby? According to an article on a website you should avoid it when pregnant.

Expert ImageArchive

A single dose of kombucha will not be a problem, there have been no specific studies to show that it is harmful but just to be safe, since it contains herbs and a little alcohol it is best to avoid while pregnant. This is a general warning. Please go take a look at our Woman section of the website for good info on pregnancy.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)