Posted by: irratated | 2008/07/28

know it all brother in law

hi doc. i need advice bf and i are both 20 yrs old and we have been together 2 and a half years now.problem is he has a really annoying 32 yr old big brother that is consistantly picking on me and putting me down.
he says im controlling because i dont allow my boyfriend to be like him he likes going to club and dancing with other women and his wife doesnt have a problem with this and now he wants me to allow my boyfriend to do it.
my boyfriend does not like going anywer without me and he told his brother that clubing and going to the pub is not what he wants to do but his brother says that my boyfriend is scared of me and im to stubborn and this upsets me very much.
my boyfriends brother acts like he got the most perfect marriage thats because he has a 21yr old wife that doesnt love him.
please give me advice as he thinks that my boyfriend should be a drunkard like him he drinks black label beer every day without fail and my boyfriend brother and mother is encouraging this behaviour.
im not even married into the family as yet and they already giving me so much of grief.

please help me!

If this guy is 32 and still frolicing at clubs and dancing, he has a lot of growing up to do, and is hardly mature enough to give advice to anyone. SOunds more as though HE is scared that his brother's move towards more mature relationships and opleasures makes his own behaviour look as shallow as it actually is, and that makes him feel uncomfortable.