Question
Posted by: Bea | 2004/11/20

Knees together of apart while doing situps?

What I want to know today, is this:
When doing crunches/situps, I lie on my back with my legs in the air but bent 90 degrees at the knees, with my feet on my bed. Should I keep my knees together while doing the situps, or apart (as I keep them currently ) or doesn't it really make any difference??

Hi Bea

I don't believe it makes a difference as to whether your legs are together or apart. The only thing I can suggest might have an effect is that with your legs slightly apart, you may get greater stability and support. THerefore, go with a slight gap between the feet, but as long as the legs are bent and your situp technique is OK, this really has very little effect.