Question
Posted by: Itchy | 2004/11/12

Knees and ankles itching

Hi Doc,

This may probably sound very weird but I am experiencing an itch in my knees and ankles as well as the soles of my feet. Now this is the kind of itch that you get inside your ear, but you are unable to scratch it because it is not superficial. It is deep down inside the knee and ankle itself. Does not matter how much you scratch on the outside it does not help.

I'm a gym fanatic and cycle/spin a lot. Could this be the cause of my weird itch?

Itchy

Itchy, it might have to do something with sweating and/or the type of socks you wear to the gym. It might of course have to do nothing with the gym itself, but more with the increased blood flow caused by doing exercise. The problem is that I can’t narrow it down without being able to examine you first, so the best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out. Good luck.