Posted by: LynnLisa | 2009/03/02

Kneecap shifted a while ago, now painfu

Hi, My kneacap shifted about more then ten years ago. I fell hard on my knee. You can feel &  see the deference when you touch both knees, the left knee has a bone that stands out. The problem now is that when ever it gets cold my knee starts to become very painfull &  at times does not want to bend. What can I do about this.
I have not been to a doctor ever since it happened. Do I need surgery on it ? Will it help ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lynn Lisa
The only person who would be able to really advise you, would be an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in knees. It may be that a small piece of cartilege has broken off and is causing the discomfort- something called an arthroscopy may well take care of this, but the expert will be the one who knows.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: saila n | 2009/05/02

i' m a 25yr old guy who has had back pains since teen years. i go to the gymnasium 5 days a week, drink alot of water, try to relax as much as i can on weekends. but i still get back pains if i' m on my feet for over 30 min. please help b' cause i feel like its getting worse...

Reply to saila n

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.