Question
Posted by: Peter Pan | 2006/11/15

Knee Replacement

I work as a Telephone Technician and the problem that I have is kneeling and climbing ladders. The knee that was good is also giving me problems now, that was the reason for me asking if a knee replacement is classed as having a disability.

Hi Peter Pan
Strictly speaking you can get a letter from a doctor saying that you should not be doing this type of work anymore, and your firm should then try and place you in a post where you don't have to climb or kneel so much. However they won't classify you as disabled.