Question
Posted by: Rob | 2004/12/17

Knee problems

Hi Dr. Lander,

In October last year I twisted my knee as I got into the car, it has been severly painfull ever since. My symptoms are as follows:

It aches and I cant keep it bent, it helps if I stretch it out by walking. What type of Dr would you recommend me to see. I am not sure if it is muscular or bone. Also, I work out at the gym, is there anything that will help, and or make it worse.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Regards,

Rob.

Expert ImageArchive

From what you say it is difficult to make a diagnosis without a more thorough history and examination, but it could be a ligament or meniscal injury. It would be in your best interests to go and see a knee specialist or sports medicine doctor to obtain an accurate diagnosis and then visit a biokineticist to get advice on the kinds of exercise you may or may not do. Let pain be your guide for now and avoid any activities that aggravate your discomfort.