Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2008/08/05

Knee problem

Hi doc

Posting on behalf of my mother. She is 52. Doesnt do any sports or exercise. When she puts her knee on the bed to climb into bed, her knee is sore. Its only the left knee and not painful when she walks, only when she puts pressure on it by leaning on it.

I told her to go to the doctor but she isnt on medical aid and it costs money...so then i said she should go to the pharmacy.

She thinks its water on the knee...but her knee doesnt feel any different to the other knee. No bumps or lumps on the knee either.

I know this is rather vague and broad...but any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Cindy
If there is water on the knee you will see a difference in the size of the knees. She may have bursitis - an inflammation of the area just below the kneecap due to kneeling on the knee - she could try an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen if she is not allergic to it or have contra-indications like a peptic ulcer or bleeding disorders.

1
Posted by: craig | 2009/01/30

Please could you give me advice on how to do knee excercise.I would greatly appreciate it.

Craig

Reply to craig