Question
Posted by: Eve | 2008/01/30

Knee Pains after Exercising

I am 57 and started exercising on a vibrating machine 4 months ago. After each session I found my knees extremely painful specially walking up stairs. After a month stopped the vibrator and started going to a gym doing Pilates. The knee pain is not as bad but is still present. Is there a reason for exercise induced pain like this.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Eve
I personally think that Pilates is a much better form of exercise as it is much gentler on the joints. You probably have a bit of osteo-arthritis in the knees- the normal wear and tear changes as we age. If you are a bit overweight, this tends to exacerbate the discomfort, therefore maintaing a normal weight gets even more important as we age.

3
Posted by: Pony | 2008/03/11

What vitamin can build up the knee joints so as not to pain when walking up and down stairs (age 53) and generally aching when over taxed.

Reply to Pony
Posted by: healthy bones expert | 2008/02/29

Dear Babe
Please visit your doctor who can do a physical examination on you and send you for tests if they think it is necessary

Reply to healthy bones expert
Posted by: babe | 2008/02/15

my knee is verry week when iam sleeping,it can take almost 4 hours to be okay,i sometimes wake up and kick it so it can be bette pls help.

Reply to babe