Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2003/02/12

KNEE PAIN WHEN CYCLING & SPINNING

I HAVE BEEN CYCLING & SPINNING FOR 3 WEEKS BUT EXPERIENCE PAIN BEHIND MY KNEES AFTER EXERCISE WHICH LASTS FOR A FEW DAYS.
THE INSTRUCTOR HAS ALTERED THE POSITION OF MY SPINNING BIKE - IS THIS THE ONLY CAUSE OF POSSIBLE PAIN BEHIND THE KNEES? I AM NOT SURE IF MY POSITION ON MY ROAD BIKE IS CORRECT OR NOT?

Hi Kerry

I suggest you go to a reputable cycling shop to check the set-up of your road bike, since perhaps this is a problem too. If the pain, still doesn't go away, despite changed bike set-up, you should consult your doctor to make sure there is no underlying injury.

Good luck.

1
Posted by: willem | 2003/02/18

Lo Kerry im a Spinning instructor and cyclist.Usually pain in knees anterior or posterior indicate s addle height and foot position on pedal.Do you use cleated shoes and if ,are they exactly the same setup ? Tie a nut to string and with feet in 14h45 position let string hang from knee,the nut should be over your cleat.Your technique could also be not he optimum,if all fail go to reputable cycle shop with measuring equipment like cycle lab otherwise it would be just another guess

Reply to willem